Apply to join the Program
The global fellowship program is an initiative of HaitiLeve, to encourage aspiring leaders across the globe to immerse themselves in the study of leadership principles. HaitiLeve is organizing a structured online course where the leaders will be divided into teams, to review the literature about different topics pertaining to understanding the concept of leadership.
The goal: Is to provide different leaders across the globe an opportunity to have a similar understanding of the complexity of leadership principles, while creating an environment that facilitates teamwork, and help to build empathy and tolerance
THE PROBLEM WE ARE TRYING TO SOLVE.
Leadership is familiar to each of us, but yet there are hundreds of definitions, perspectives, and approaches. Based on your culture, environment, and genetics most people across the globe have built preconceived notions, beliefs, and values, which most often creates bridges between us, and prevent us from understanding each other perspectives, and work together to solve the most pressing issues of our generation such as; poverty, hunger, conflicts, wars, social justice, and social fairness.
- Become a catalyst for change
- Collaborate to solve problems
- Understand each other perspectives
- Build strong academic foundations in understanding the concept of leadership
- Develop your personal leadership skills
- Learn how to work in teams, building relationships, and resolving conflicts
- Learn how to think and plan strategically
- Learn to lead an organization and your community
CAPSTONE TEAM PROJECT
- Write a paper about a leadership theory
- Adopt, mentor, coach a team in Haiti, and help them prepare their capstone project
PROGRAM SCHEDULE: 2020
- Application ending 8/28/2020
- The course starts: 9/13/2020
- The course ends: 12/6/2020
PURPOSE OF THIS PROGRAM
- Increase your leadership skills
- Support the local leaders in Haiti develop their leadership skills
- Help Haiti Leve and Haiti succeed.
- Understanding the concept of leadership
- Leading oneself
- Leading others
- Leading an organization
- Leading a community
- Strategic planning
- Litterature review group discussion: 30 min
- Relationship building-: 15 min
- Group debate: 15 min
- Historical Figure: 45 min
- Relationship building: 15 min
- Politics perspectives: 15 min
- Religion perspectives: 15 min
- Gender equality: 15 min
- Social fairness: 15 min
Challenge 1: Leadership means different things to each of us
Intervention: Provide the opportunity for a team of professional across the globe to immerse themselves in the study of leadership principles
Milestone 1: Start a fellowship in global leadership to provide local leaders and professionals across the globe with a platform where they can study, discuss, and debate topics related to leadership principles.
Capstone: The cohort of professional leaders across the globe have built a strong foundation in understanding the concept of leadership, the neuroscience of behavior, they have been transformed into servant leaders with the ability to collaborate with people from different perspectives, they are able to avoid and deescalate conflicts, and have become a catalyst for change in their communities, countries and the world
There is a lack of synchronization and long term strategic plan among non-profit organizations working to bring social fairness and social justice into the world.
Initiative: The fellowship in global leadership is allowing different professional leaders across the globe to join hands, think and act strategically in a synchronized way, to develop the capacity of local leaders for a period of 3 to 5 years in a particular country
Milestone 2: The fellows in global leadership will help in coordinating the instructions of the leadership academy course to a cohort of 30 leaders in Haiti by December 2021.
Capstone 2: The Fellows will be helping alongside the cohort leaders in Haiti, to build a 10-year strategic plan, submit that plan for funding, adopt, coach and mentor a team in Haiti for a period of 3 to 5 years.
WHAT IS THE FUTURE LOOKS LIKE FOR A FELLOW?
After completing the fellowship program, the fellow will become an ambassador to help the local leaders in Hinche achieve their 10-year strategic plans.
- After 3 years of involvement in Haiti, the fellowship committee will start planning to implement the same strategy in a different country.
Donate monthly to help Haiti Succeed